Head of Finance
Commercial / Financial
The Rickyard, Eashing Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2QA
Hours of work
9:00 – 5:30 Monday to Friday and as required to fulfil duties
Commercial / Finance, Procurement, Senior Management Team
Main purpose of job
The Financial Analyst is a key member of the Financial team and will play a vital role in assisting the Head of Finance and Financial Accountant in key areas such as cash flow & revenue forecasting, month end management accounts and general accounting activities.
The Financial Analyst will provide insightful and in-depth analysis including identification and interpretations of trends and developments in Sysco’s various activities and geographic regions. The role will also be required to participate in the month end activities and various ad hoc accounting requirement as and when needed.
As the financial analyst you will have a strong analytical skill set and will bring solid problem solving and communication skills to the team. You will possess a flexible and high work ethic, attention to detail and the capability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Cash Flow analysis: bi monthly cash flow analysis
- Revenue forecast: bi monthly revenue forecast updates, trend analysis and comments sections.
- Management Dashboard administration, updates and uploads prior to monthly senior management and board meetings
- Company wide KPI update and day to day management
- Profitability analysis for ongoing projects
- Assist with the annual budget process
- Assist with completing sales and purchase ledger for month end
- Client invoicing
- Various ad hoc accounting needs and analysis
Experience / Qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- CIMA part qualified (just finished CIMA operational case study)
- Minimum 2 years’ of related experience in similar working environment
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office and Excel skills, pivot tables, vlookup, IF formulas, what if analysis and other
Skills / Behaviour
Back to Careers page
- Strong analytical and computational skills
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skill
- Team player
- Flexible approach to working hours as there will be peak periods with extra hours required.
- Can-do attitude and wish to get things done right first time