The Rickyard, Eashing Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2QA
Hours of Work
9:00 – 5:30 Monday to Friday and as required to fulfil duties
Project Teams / Equipment Manufacturers
Design Engineering Team / Sales Team/ Production Engineering Team
Main Purpose of Job
The Junior Engineer will assist the Engineering Manager and other members of the engineering department in the production of engineering documentation.
The Junior Engineer is responsible for generating system schematics, projection drawings and visualisations, and assisting in the specification of hardware for bespoke audio visual systems.
- To assist with the production of engineering documentation during design and tender phases of a project.
- To produce projection drawings and visualisations.
- To generate audio visual system schematics from a hardware schedule.
- To carry out research, testing and development of new products for use on upcoming projects.
- To discuss project requirements with other members of the sales team.
- To assist and carry out site surveys on clients sites.
- To deliver and maintain the engineering standards to which the company will deliver client solutions.
- To generate engineering documentation including but not limited to AV rack layouts, schematics, cable schedules, M&E information, custom bracket & interface drawings.
- To support project delivery team throughout the project delivery process to ensure they receive appropriate information to allow the delivery of Sysco projects.
- To ensure processes and procedures are up to date.
Experience / Qualifications
Educated to degree level, ideally in an engineering discipline.
A keen interest in audio visual technology and media rich projects.
Skills / Behaviour
- Comfortable with a wide range of software packages and file formats, including PDF documents, spreadsheets and web-based applications.
- The ability to use CAD for 2D and 3D drawings.
- Able to work as part of a team, supporting other team members with heavy workloads and tight deadlines.
- Aptitude to learn and increase knowledge of audio visual systems.
- Ability to manage your own time efficiently and multitask.
- Logic and detail driven.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
To apply for this role please email your CV to email@example.com
Back to Careers page