Engineering Head of Department
The Rickyard, Eashing Lane, Godalming, Surrey GU7 2QA
Hours of work
9:00 – 5.30 Monday to Friday and as required to fulfil duties
Project and Service Clients / Project Teams / Suppliers
Sales Team / Design Engineering Team / Projects Team / Service Team / Commercial Team
Main purpose of job
The Production Engineer is responsible for ensuring standards set out by the Engineering Head of Department are met when producing engineering drawings and documentation to support our operational requirement.
In addition to the production of engineering documentation there will be a requirement to perform project handovers on site to our installation teams and off technical support to Project Managers in client meetings.
- To complete Production Engineering tasks, as directed by the Head of Department.
- Produce required technical specifications and documentation, including, but not limited to, schematics and layout drawings, M&E datasheets, rack layouts and connections, projection layouts, rigging plans, field termination schematics, IP and media matrices, show control planning, Operation & Maintenance manuals.
- To support new business proposals by assisting with the technical evaluation of design solutions.
- To attend client design and project meetings as and when necessary.
- To attend key milestone meetings on all Sysco installation projects, from project start to completion.
- To support Project Delivery Team throughout the project delivery process to ensure they receive appropriate information to allow the timely delivery of Sysco projects.
- To ensure that the technical quality of Sysco installation projects meet requirements.
- To monitor project delivery progress at key milestones to ensure the production specification has been met, feedback comments to the Engineering Team to ensure continuous improvement on Sysco installation projects.
- To provide engineering support to the service department with any upgrade works.
- To work closely with the Design department to share skills and knowledge and to provide assistance when required.
Experience / Qualifications
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering discipline or have 3 years engineering experience within the Audio Visual Industry
- AutoCad / 3D Drafting / Vectorworks experience.
- An up-to-date understanding of the AV marketplace including products and trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Good understanding of IT and networks.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office including advanced level Excel and Word.
Skills / Behaviour
Back to Careers page
- Positive and pragmatic in approach.
- Highly motivated and organised.
- Team focused.
- Detail focused