Head of Projects
The Rickyard, Eashing Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2QA
Hours of Work
9:00 - 5:30 Monday to Friday and as required to fulfil duties
Project Stakeholders, Suppliers, Freelance Labour
Projects Team, Sales, Commercial, Service
Main Purpose of Job
The Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of a project, including the scheduling of material and labour resources, and co-ordination of Sysco works with all external stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of projects.
The Project Manager is responsible for assembling a project team of Sysco staff and sub-contractors to deliver the scope of works as defined within the tender document and for the day-to-day management of that team throughout the project lifecycle.
- To project manage a portfolio of projects at any one time, ensuring resources are assigned to meet requirements
- To acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives including, but not limited to: contractual, financial, technical, schedule, construction co-ordination, materials, personnel and scope of work.
- To manage project resources to ensure project milestones are met and all deliverables are achieved in line with the programme of works.
- To ensure project milestones are met and all documentation is maintained and issued according to the project timeline, including project plan, programme of works and risk and issue log.
- To build and manage internal and external stakeholder relationships in order to achieve project deliverables.
- To ensure all variations to the project scope are documented, working closely with the Commercial team to deliver the project on time, on budget and to the quality standards expected of a Sysco project.
- To prepare and agree a project procurement plan in order to meet programme and commercial constraints; ensuring the procurement of all goods and services are in completed in accordance with the plan.
- To prepare a resource plan, both at high level and for individual projects, to meet the programme and commercial constraints, ensuring resources are procured and briefed to meet the programme demands of the project.
- To ensure project milestones are met and all documentation is maintained and issued according to the project timeline, including the project plan, programme of works and risk and issue log.
- To assist in the development and implementation of project management processes and best practice.
- To provide regular project status reports appropriate for various stakeholders (e.g. project team, client, Sysco management)
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years Project Management experience, delivering complex technical projects
- Proven project planning experience, including production of project plans, programmes and resource schedules
- Experience of AV/construction industry, including construction site experience and knowledge of Health and Safety processes
- Excellent IT skills and aptitude, familiarity with Apple Mac and Google Apps environments advantageous
- Experienced in producing management reports
- A recognised project management certification would be advantageous, e.g. Prince2
Skills / Behaviour
- Proven team player with leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to find creative solutions to problems when under pressure
- Strong commercial awareness, including an understanding of the importance of balancing project success with profitability
- Strong organisational skills
- Hands-on approach and a proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Careers page