Head of Operations
At sites both nationally, internationally and on occasion at The Rickyard, Eashing Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2QA, United Kingdom.
Hours of Work
9:00 – 5:30 Monday to Friday and as required to fulfil duties
Key Relationships (External)
Project Stakeholders, Suppliers, Contract Labour
Key Relationships (Internal)
Main Purpose of Job
The Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of a project, including the scheduling of material and labour resources, and coordination of Sysco works with all external stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of projects.
The Project Manager is responsible for assembling a team of Sysco staff and subcontractors to deliver the promise made within the tender document and for the day to day management of that team throughout the project delivery process
- To acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives including, but not limited to: contractual, financial, technical, schedule, construction co-ordination, materials, personnel and scope of work.
- To manage all internal project team members to ensure all project milestones are hit and all deliverables are produced in line with the project programme of works.
- To manage all project external stakeholders and coordinate with them to ensure the delivery of the project in line with the project Programme of Works.
- To prepare and agree a procurement plan to meet the programme and commercial constraints of the project, ensuring the procurement of all goods and services are in line with the project Procurement Plan.
- To prepare a resource plan to meet the programme and commercial constraints of the project ensuring resources are procured and briefed to meet the programme demands of the project.
- To ensure all project milestones are met, all documentation is created and issued according to the project timeline.
- To ensure that all variations to the scope of the project are fully documented, ensuring that the Head of Operations is made aware any change that could impact the Project Manager’s ability to deliver the project on time, on budget or to the quality standards expected of a Sysco project.
Person Specification (Experience / Qualifications)
- Proven track record of delivering high profile projects within associated markets.
Person Specification (Skills / Behaviour)
- Proven team player with leadership skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong IT literacy.
- Hands-on approach and a proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Click here to find out more or apply for this role
Back to Careers page