Service Delivery Manager
Service & IT
The Rickyard, Eashing Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2QA
Hours of Work
09:00 - 17:30, Monday to Friday and as required to fulfil duties
Service clients, suppliers, contract labour
Exec Board, Management Team, Service Team
Main Purpose of Job
The Service delivery Manager is responsible for full delivery of the Service Profit centre P+L, ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of the Service Delivery Team through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
As a key member of the Management Team the Service Delivery Manager is responsible for building and managing a team capable of delivering all Service Delivery functions within the business. These include but are not limited to, all service delivery functions and internal and service client IT support.
In collaboration with the Exec Board and Management team the Service Delivery will play a critical role in supporting and executing business initiatives in line with overall company strategy and will take full responsibility for the delivery of the agreed Service Delivery Team objectives.
- Delivery of the Service P+L budget
- To build a team capable of meeting the demands of the business ensuring that the team members receive appropriate training and support including appraisals, the setting of objectives and KPI’s relevant to their role and the needs of the business
- To manage all service delivery functions effectively within the business, allocating appropriate resources to meet the needs of both external and internal stakeholders.
- Provide leadership support to teams and motivating staff to achieve Service Delivery goals.
- Manage budgets and costs effectively across all Service Delivery functions.
- Act as a liaison to the management team and Executive team to keep them informed of specific Service Delivery matters.
- To continuously monitor and evaluate Service Delivery team performance, implementing Exec Board approved changes in process and procedure to improve efficiency, profitability, quality, safety, reliability
- Ensuring Service Delivery key performance indicators are in place and targets are met with a real focus on service margin delivery.
- Development and implementation of new policies and procedures relating to all Service Delivery processes.
- To undertake milestone reviews with internal and external stakeholders to understand and learn how the Service
- Delivery team performance can be improved and identify and implement methods to support improvement
- To manage resource planning and utilisation across all Service Delivery activities, identify opportunities to improve efficiency, reduce cost, and anticipate future recruitment requirements.
- Ensuring that communication between departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
- To establish policies designed to ensure consistently high service performance and monitor customer feedback, with a view to develop customer improvement processes.
manage IT Policies and Procedures, ensuring that appropriately skilled internal and external resources are available and trained to meet agreed service levels across all business activities.
- To lead the development and improvement of Service Delivery procedures using the company Help Desk tool and other software tools in collaboration with the Managing Director.
- To prepare weekly and present monthly reports to the Management team on Service delivery team performance.
- To participate and support the process of preparing annual budgets.
- To deliver the service department budgeted P+L.
Experience / Qualifications
- Educated to degree standard
- A highly experienced Customer Service manager with demonstrable experience in managing the customer service function within a technology driven business unit. Preferably from the same industry within a similar business model.
- At least 5 years’ experience at senior management level
- Proven track record in selling service support solutions to clients at board and senior management level.
- Strong understanding of best practice in respect of Service Delivery Management (ITIL or equivalent)
- Experience of contributing to company strategy
- Successful management of departmental budgets
- Highly experienced in building effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of identifying and implementing processes and policies.
Skills / Behaviour
- Proven team player with leadership skills including the ability to coach and energise others
- Excellent communication skills & attention to detail
- Ability to get things done and work with a common sense approach
- Interpersonal skills to support, advise and influence staff and managers from different parts of the business
- Strong IT literacy
- Critical thinking and good analytical skills
- Hands-on approach and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strategic and tactical ability
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Careers page