Head of Projects
The Rickyard, Eashing Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2QA
Hours of work
40-hour week, Monday to Friday, based on site requirements
Project Stakeholders, Freelance Labour
Project Managers, Production Engineers, Warehouse Manager
Main Purpose of Job
The Site Manager is responsible for ensuring that all Sysco site installation works are scheduled and executed in line with the agreed programme and in accordance with project documentation and Sysco standards. Working closely with the Projects team to ensure site activity is maintained in line with agreed policies and standards, the Site Manager is the primary point of contact between the Sysco project delivery team and all other site-based stakeholders.
The Site Manager is responsible for working closely with the Head of Projects and Project Managers to ensure budget compliance is maintained across each project installation.
- To acquire a thorough understanding of all project requirements and objectives including, but not limited to: financial, technical, schedule, construction co-ordination, materials, personnel and scope of works.
- To work with the Head of Projects and Project Managers to ensure all site resource allocation is maintained in line with project budgets.
- To support the Project Manager in the assessment and management of site Health & Safety, including but not limited to the preparation and approval of RAMS, site inductions, tool box talks, safety equipment, documentation and certification
- To ensure all site personnel adopt company Health & Safety requirements at all times.
- To keep up-to-date with Health & Safety legislation and ensure that all site Health & Safety documentation is maintained in line with all current legislation.
- To work proactively to ensure that the on-site installation of each audio visual system is completed in line with project documentation to the quality and standard expected of a Sysco installation.
- To ensure that all physical installation works are completed and handed over to the Commissioning Manager and engineers in a complete and functioning state.
- To agree with the Head of Projects and Project Manager appropriate installation resources and skills required to complete the installation in line with contractual requirements.
- To liaise with all other trades and project stakeholders to coordinate our works and ensure they are kept informed of progress and installation challenges.
- To supervise all installation works ensuring that all personnel are fully briefed in all technical. programme and safety matters relating to Sysco on-site works; to; provide direct instruction and support as necessary such that contractual arrangements are achieved.
- To ensure all labour is used efficiently and safely to deliver the installation in line with the project Programme of Works.
- To report to the Project Manager daily on the installation status and ensure they are fully aware of project progress and are notified of all financial, specification and time risks and issues.
- To ensure complete “as-built” information is passed to the Engineering Team in a timely manner.
- To update the Head of Projects regarding improvements in site-based practice and support staff training and development requirements; to support the company’s continuous improvement activity.
Experience / Qualifications
- A highly experienced Site Manager with over 5 years’ experience managing resources and logistics.
- Proven track record of delivering high profile projects within associated markets.
- Hold a valid CSCS/ECS card and, ideally, have SMSTS accreditation.
Skills / Behaviour
Back to Careers page
- Strong technical understanding of audio visual equipment and systems.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple site-based teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Strong IT literacy.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.