Senior AV Technician
The Sussex Barn, Eashing Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2QA
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week or as needed to fulfil duties
Service Clients / Freelancers / Suppliers
Service Team, Operations Team (incl. Service and Projects)
Main Purpose of Job
The AV Technician - Service Engineer is a key member of the service team responsible for providing contracted service works as scheduled. The primary focus is to provide system repair services at client sites, plus scheduled maintenance services. The AV Technician may also be involved in working with the Operations team on new installations both at the Sysco office and client sites. This is a very hands on role that involves working from heights, and occasionally confined spaces.
- Work alongside the Senior AV Technician and under the direction of the Service team in providing various audio-visual support and maintenance services.
- Provide first line technical support to Sysco service clients via telephone or where available by remote connection.
- Attend clients' sites, investigate system faults and where possible carry out temporary or permanent system repairs.
- In the event that an immediate or long term fix is not possible, remove faulty equipment and return to Sysco offices and liaise with the Service team to arrange repair or replacement parts.
- As directed by the Service team, to return client sites to full operation following repair and/or replacement of faulty equipment.
- To prepare engineering reports within one working day following each service visit for the Service team, providing them with concise and accurate information to progress each service case.
- Use the company CRM system and Service logging tools to ensure that the Service team and other internal and external stakeholders are kept fully informed of progress with each service case.
- Practice a safe working environment and ensuring up to date RAMS are documented and kept with you on site.
- To track time spent ensuring accurate reporting can be generated for the Service Manager.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 3-year IT systems/hardware servicing or audio-visual support experience.
- A demonstrable aptitude with IT and audio-visual technology.
- Excellent technical installation and troubleshooting skills
- Organised and flexible, confident approaching different tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work to high standards and possessing strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proven technical problem-solving skills and the ability to find creative solutions to problems when under pressure.
- A recognised technical certification would be advantageous, e.g. lnfoComm AVT or CompTIA A+.
- CSCS card, IPAF and PASMA would be advantages.
- Familiarity with Apple Mac and Google Apps environments.
- To own basic tools would be advantageous.
- Full UK driving license with no previous or current driving bans.
Skills / Behaviour
Back to Careers page
- Technically minded
- Customer Service oriented
- Team focused
- Highly organised
- Flexible working attitude
- Positive and motivated
- An eye for detail
- Aptitude for multi-tasking
- Strong communication and IT skills