Freelance AV Technician - Service
Head of Operations
At sites both nationally, internationally and on occasion at The Rickyard, Eashing Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2QA, United Kingdom.
Hours of Work
9:00 – 5:30 Monday to Friday and as required to fulfil duties
Service Coordinator, Operations Team (inc. Service and Projects)
- Working alongside the Senior AV Technician and under the direction of the Service Coordinator in providing various audio visual support and maintenance services.
- Provide first line technical support to Sysco service clients via telephone or where available by remote connection. Attend clients’ sites, investigate system faults and where possible carry out temporary or permanent system repairs.
- In the event that an immediate or long term fix is not possible, remove faulty equipment and return to Sysco offices for the Service coordinator to arrange repair.
- As directed by the Service Coordinator, to return client sites to full operation following repair and/or replacement of faulty equipment.
- To prepare engineering reports within one working day following each service visit for the Service Coordinator, providing them with concise and accurate information to allow progress of each service case.
- Use company CRM system and Service logging tools to ensure that Service Coordinator and other internal and external stakeholders are kept fully informed of progress with each service case.
- Minimum 3 year audio visual support experience.
- A demonstrable aptitude with IT and audio visual technology.
- Excellent technical installation and troubleshooting skills.
- Organised and flexible, confident approaching different tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work to high standards and possessing strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proven technical problem solving skills and the ability to find creative solutions to problems when under pressure.
- A recognised technical certification would be advantageous, e.g. InfoComm AVT.
- Familiarity with Apple Mac and Google Apps environments would be advantageous.
- Full UK driving license with no previous or current driving bans.
- Technically minded.
- Customer Service oriented.
- Team focused.
- IT literate.
- Highly organised.
- Positive and motivated.
Click here to find out more or apply for this role
Back to Careers page