The Rickyard, Eashing Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2QA
Hours of Work
9:00 – 5:30 Monday to Friday and as required to fulfil duties
Client Project Teams, Client Design Teams, Main Contractor & Sub Contracted Project Partners, Manufacturers & Suppliers.
Sales Team, Design Team, Project Managers, Service Team, Commercial Team.
Main Purpose of Job
The Engineer role offers vocational experience with a view to progression into more senior engineering positions at Sysco Productions and encompasses both Design and Production Engineering disciplines.
The Engineer is responsible for producing technical documentation in line with a project delivery program and as directed by Lead or Senior Engineers. This will include CAD drawings showing connection methodology of Audio Visual Hardware, Projection Geometry Layouts, General Arrangement Drawings and supporting technical documentation. There may be a requirement to visit client sites in a supporting capacity.
The Engineer is also responsible for completing engineering tasks to support other stakeholders and engineers within the project delivery team. All technical engineering documentation produced will be signed off as compliant by a Leading or Senior Engineer.
The Engineer works under the direction of the Head of Engineering and will work collaboratively to evolve working practices and processes to drive efficiency through the department.
- To complete Engineering tasks as required on a project by project basis.
- To produce required technical documentation, including, but not limited to, layout drawings, M&E datasheets, rack layouts, connection schematics, projection layouts, rigging plans, field termination schematics, IP and media matrices, show control specification, Operation & Maintenance manuals.
- To support new business proposals by assisting with the technical evaluation of design solutions.
- To attend key milestone meetings on Sysco installation projects, from project start to completion.
- To support Project Delivery Team throughout the project delivery process to ensure they receive appropriate information to allow the timely delivery of Sysco projects.
- To monitor project delivery progress at key milestones to ensure the production specification has been met, feedback comments to the Engineering Team to ensure continuous improvement on Sysco installation projects.
- To provide engineering support to the service department with any upgrade works.
- To work closely with the Design elements of a project to share skills and knowledge and to provide assistance when required.
Experience / Qualifications
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering discipline
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Good understanding of IT and networks.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office including advanced level Excel and Word.
Skills / Behaviour
- Positive and pragmatic in approach.
- Highly motivated and organised.
- Team focused.
- Detail focused.
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Careers page