Freelance Production Engineers
At sites both nationally, internationally and on occasion at The Rickyard, Eashing Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2QA, United Kingdom.
Hours of Work
9:00 – 5.30 Monday to Friday and as required to fulfil duties
Key Relationships (External)
Project and Service Clients / Project Teams / Suppliers
Key Relationships (Internal)
Sales Team / Design Engineering Team / Projects Team / Service Team / Commercial Team
Main Purpose of Job
The Production Engineer is responsible for ensuring standards set out by the Design Engineering Team are continued throughout the production engineering stage and the project delivery stage.
The Production Engineer works under the direction of the Production Engineering Manager and is responsible for performing the various required engineering tasks and producing the required outputs to support Sysco projects and support services.
- To complete Production Engineering tasks, as directed by the Production Engineering Manager.
- Produce required technical specifications and documentation, including, but not limited to, schematics and layout drawings, M&E datasheets, rack layouts and connections, projection layouts, rigging plans, field termination schematics, IP and media matrices, show control planning, Operation & Maintenance manuals.
- To support new business proposals by assisting with the technical evaluation of design solutions.
- To attend client design and project meetings as and when necessary.
- To attend key milestone meetings on all Sysco installation projects, from project start to completion.
- To support Project Delivery Team throughout the project delivery process to ensure they receive appropriate information to allow the timely delivery of Sysco projects.
- To ensure that the technical quality of Sysco installation projects meet requirements.
- To monitor project delivery progress at key milestones to ensure the production specification has been met, feedback comments to Production Engineering Team to ensure continuous improvement on Sysco installation projects.
- To provide engineering support to the service department with any upgrade works.
- To work closely with the Design department to share skills and knowledge and to provide assistance when required.
Person Specification (Experience / Qualifications)
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 1 year industry experience engineering bespoke audio visual systems.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience.
- An up-to-date understanding of the AV marketplace including products and trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Good understanding of IT and networks.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office including advanced level Excel and Word.
Person Specification (Skills / Behaviour)
- Positive and pragmatic in approach.
- Highly motivated and organised.
- Team focused.
- Detail focused.
Click here to find out more or apply for this role
Back to Careers page