The Rickyard, Eashing Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2QA
Hours of Work
9:00 - 5:30 Monday to Friday and as required to fulfil duties
Clients, Key Project Stakeholders, Fit-Out Contractors
Sales & Marketing Team, Design Team, Project Management Team
Main Purpose of Job
As a key member of the Sales team, the Bid Coordinator is responsible for evaluating and coordinating proposal development whilst managing internal relationships to ensure the timely delivery of quality proposals according to customer requirements.
Working closely with the Business Development Director, Bid Manager and Marketing Manager, the Bid Coordinator will support the ongoing sales and marketing activities, liaising with suppliers, analysing tender specifications and ensuring comprehensive prospective project information is shared appropriately across the business.
- To build, develop and maintain strong, valuable customer relationships with fit-out contractors, acting as a point of contact for all project opportunities.
- To support evaluation of project opportunities and associated tender documentation, highlighting opportunity information and requirements to share internally.
- To triage new opportunities working closely with the Design department to review AV design specifications and CAD drawings.
- To manage the bid preparation process, through from triage to submission, attending site surveys where necessary and engaging in proposal, technical, and resource review discussions with senior members of the Sysco team (Commercial / Projects / Design / Sales).
- To support the Commercial Team with pricing exercises and strategy for delivering value driven proposals.
- To work closely with the Marketing Manager to produce proposal documentation and ensure the timely and successful delivery of proposals according to customer needs and objectives.
- To deliver comprehensive project handovers to the Project delivery team, ensuring all specification, tender, post tender adjustments, caveats, project details and associated information are fully communicated.
- To proactively support the delivery of the agreed budgeted sales and marketing targets.
- To monitor and report on sales activities conducted, participating in sales meetings and delivering progress reports on KPI’s.
- To support marketing activities, including attendance at events and conferences, both internally and externally.
Experience / Qualifications
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a Bid Coordinator / Estimating role in a similar environment preferable.
- Experience in the construction, museum / visitor attraction or audiovisual sectors would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working with CAD drawings preferable.
- Experience in delivering set targets / KPI’s with a view to driving Sales performance.
- Excellent listening and presentation skills.
- Strong I.T literacy.
- A sound commercial approach is essential.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and creating strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Skills / Behaviour
- Experience using Adobe InDesign / Photoshop.
- Proven team player.
- Have support for the Sysco story.
- Personable, presentable and good analytical skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Flexible hands on approach with a proactive approach.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Adaptable and versatile to variable customer demands and attitudes.
- Resilience and patience.
- Passionate about achieving goals and KPI’s.
To apply for this role please email your CV to email@example.com
Back to Careers page