Freelance Installation Engineers
Head of Operations
At sites both nationally, internationally and on occasion at The Rickyard, Eashing Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2QA, United Kingdom.
Hours of work
9:00 – 5:30 Monday to Friday and as required to fulfil duties
Key Relationships (External)
Key Relationships (Internal)
Project Team, Service Team
Main Purpose of Job
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Installation Engineer is responsible for carrying out the assembly, installation and testing of audio/visual hardware for bespoke projects on external client sites.
- To keep up to date with Health & Safety matters and hold the necessary qualifications in order to carry out the necessary tasks whilst on external client sites.
- To acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements prior to the start of works including, but not limited to: technical, schedule, materials and scope of work.
- To install equipment using safe working methods and to quality standards defined by the company or where no standards apply using “best practice”.
- To install projects as engineered by the Production Engineer and as per the Method Statements issued by the Project Manager.
- To work under the supervision of the Site Manager whilst working on external client sites and reporting to them and the Project Manager on a daily basis.
- To support the Commissioning Manager and Commissioning Engineer during the Artistic Commissioning Phase of projects.
- To Site Manage certain projects as agreed with the Head of Operations and Project Manager.
- To assist the Service Team in closing open fault cases on external client sites.
Person Specification (Experience / Qualifications)
- An experienced installer with good mechanical skills.
- CSCS/ECS card holder as minimum.
- Excellent Technical and IT skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Confident in working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong technical understanding of audio / visual equipment and systems is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working with minimal supervision.
Person Specification (Skills / Behaviour)
- Ability to work part of a team and on own initiative.
- Highly motivated.
- Team player.
- Results oriented.
Click here to find out more or apply for this role
Back to Careers page