Commercial / Financial
The Rickyard, Eashing Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2QA
Hours of work
9:00 – 5:30 Monday to Friday and as required to fulfil duties
Sales Team, Project Team, Service Team, Commercial Team
Main purpose of job
The Quantity Surveyor is a key member of the Commercial team and will play a vital role in assisting the negotiation of best commercial terms with clients of the business while monitoring and reducing commercial risk throughout all of Sysco’s activities.
The Quantity surveyor will provide contractual and commercial guidance throughout the sales process through to project completion. The role will also include the communication of key projects risks to all internal stakeholders to ensure that contractual and commercial risk are understood across all departments. The role will also include the responsibility of ensuring alignment of contractual agreements between projects team, procurement and finance on a project by project basis.
- In collaboration with the Management Team and Exec Board identify, document and monitor contractual and commercial risk criteria across the business
- To support the negotiation of contractual terms with present and new clients
- To be first point of contact supporting Internal Stakeholders with the understanding and potential approaches to mitigate contractual and commercial risk.
- To support the identification of appropriate sub-contractors based on agreed commercial criteria
- To assist procurement department in contractual reviews to ensure goal congruence with the rest of the business
- Support the Design, Project Delivery and Service teams throughout the delivery process with the preparation of payment applications, variation orders and contractual advice as needed.
- Work with finance and procurement departments to ensure that agreed payment terms, procurement strategies and applications are aligned.
- Build strong commercial and contractual understanding across all areas of the business
- Support Middle east projects through personal involvement at key stages and support of local resources.
Experience / Qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- Quantity Surveyor qualification or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior role in similar business
- Construction or Event industry experience
- Proven track record of negotiating client agreements within similar environments
- Middle Eastern work experience an advantage
- Experience of contributing to Operational strategy
- Highly experienced in building effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of identifying and implementing key processes and policies.
Skills / Behaviour
Back to Careers page
- Team player with leadership skills including the ability to coach and energise others
- Excellent communication skills & attention to detail
- Ability to get things right first time and work with a common-sense approach
- Interpersonal skills to support, advise and influence staff and managers from different parts of the business
- Strong IT literacy (Excel / Google Sheets)
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills
- Hands-on approach and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strategic and tactical ability